The aim of this module is to familiarize participants with the:
- Overview, concept and capabilities of UN Military Aviation Units (MAU)
- Nature and characteristics of MAU
- Support relationships and support framework
- Differences and similarities mix of military fixed and rotary wing aviation units.
- Flexibility and adaptability of MAU units
- MAU roles and responsibilities supporting UN Peacekeeping Operations (PKO)
Module 1 provides an overview of the conceptual framework related to MAUs operating in a UN PKO to support and help contribute towards a successful achievement of the Mandate. It also examines the nature, characteristics of MAUs and their support to forces in UN Missions.
- Describe the capabilities and characteristics of UN MAU.
- Explain the MAU framework and key concepts of aviation safety
- Understand the roles of different types of aviation
- Describe the principles of MAU support